Pet Orthopedic Surgery
Bones, joints, ligaments, and tendons – they can get out of whack. Animal Medical Care is here to determine the extent of your pet’s injury and decide on the best course of treatment – whether non-invasive or surgical. Should surgery be required, our Gainesville, Georgia AAHA accredited hospital helps us make the procedure as comfortable as possible for your pet.
The comfort and safety of your pet is our primary concern, which is why we have a strict anesthesia and analgesia protocol. Your pet will be monitored by our veterinarians and technicians before, during, and after the surgery to ensure a successful operation and a speedy recovery.
Common Orthopedic Surgeries Include:
- Fracture repair: reparation of bone fracture
- Anterior cruciate rupture repair: reparation of a torn ligament in the knee
- Luxating patella repair: a dislocated knee cap
- Femoral head osteotomy (FHO): procedure to relieve hip joint pain due to arthritis
When should I bring my pet to Animal Medical Care?
If you notice the following signs, please bring your pet in for an orthopedic exam:
- Lameness on any leg
- Difficulty getting up
- Decrease in activity level
- Acting painful
Animal Medical Care will thoroughly evaluate your pet and work with you to create the best plan of treatment.